Friday, June 12, 2009

1979 "On The Right Trek" article

(Click on images to view large scans!)
How well I remember the nerve-tingling excitement I felt the weekend the above article came out! ST:TMP had just opened the night before and if there was ever a weekend to get the entertainment section of the local newspaper, this was it. And I wasn't disappointed; when I opened the paper I was greeted with this cover story on the "Weekend" insert. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

As you may have realised, 2009 marks the 30th anniversary of ST:TMP, and I hardly think you'll find more articles about it anywhere than on this site. So visit often in coming months for more, as well as more TV show and subsequent original-cast movie material. The old scrapbooks are not exhausted yet, not by a long shot!
Below is the whole page from the same insert advertising the movie... I thought you might find it interesting to see all the other movies out at the time. If you like newpaper movie ads, check out my other blog devoted to just that: "Held Over!" at http://www.heldovermovies.blogspot.com/.


Fun link: If you have an Original Series Communicator fetish, this site will curl your toes and possibly cause you to hyperventilate: http://www.herocomm.com/Home.htm

1 comment:

chunky B said...

Holy cow you were right about that communicator site, thanks for posting that link.