Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mad Spoof of "The Wrath Of Khan"

While perusing one of my collection cabinets last night, I came across this 1982 MAD magazine spoof of "The Wrath of Khan." Mort Drucker does his usual spot-on charicatures, and it's obvious that they had at least seen the movie, as the costumes and sets are pretty accurate. All in all, a well done parody! Enjoy... "Star Blecch II:The Wreck Of Korn!"

(Click on images to enlarge.)






And below, one of Don Martin's hilarious cartoons, spotlighting the sexy new addition to the crew! There is something different about her...


Bonus: Below, another of the randomly-captioned Leaf bubblegum cards from 1967.


Bonus: a couple of panties shots from "The Gamesters of Triskelion," in which our lovely communications officer finds herself unceremoniously dumped onto the ground after a sudden transport. Her bad luck is our good luck, however. You could almost call this set of photos "A Day At The Beach."




Speaking of Nyota sunbathing, here's a tantalising comic panel...


Want to see the whole sequence of pages from this scene? Let me know!


Update: a personal note... sometimes as I backtrack links that lead to this site, I see they come from discussion boards where they are talking about something I've posted. The comments go on for pages, sometimes. But here on the actual blog, sometimes there are no comments left at all! So, if you like a post, leave a comment! It helps me to judge how my readers are enjoying the blog. If I see no comments, I assume my visitors aren't liking it, and that doesn't give me much incentive to post more very quickly. So, if you like the post, leave a comment and let me know, and you'll get even more, and more often!

5 comments:

Pineapples101 said...

Im loving your blog. I check it every day.
Keep up the good work :)

Frederick said...

Pnapples,


Thanks for the kind comment! It's good to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

I remember reading this when first published. I esp liked the 'leaving drydock' joke- "'Total Automated Dock Departure' Button and 'Audio Up' Button".

Vince said...

Thanks for posting the screenshots of Uhura. I cannot get enough of Uhura - she is the sexiest thing I have ever seen! Spent many a time screenshotting her beautiful face in various TOS episodes ...

Frederick said...

Vince,

Thanks for the comment, I agree wholeheartedly! I have been entranced by her for over 30 years!